As we prepare for Durga Pujo, we wait with eager anticipation for a Pujo-Barshiki Patrika. A well-defined tradition of the Bengali culture, Bengali literature has been enriched by these most precious collections of novels, short stories, Bengali poetry and other nonfiction essays. Those of us who grew up in India will cherish the memories of these annual Pujo publications. In keeping with the Pujo spirit and in continuity of our rich cultural heritage, Tri State Durga Puja 2016 invites you to send in your literary and artistic contributions to the Tri State Durga Puja Patrika or Brochure.
We are soliciting poems, essays, short stories, artwork, riddles, and of course, mouthwatering recipes. Please submit your contribution following the guidelines below:
1. Electronic formats only, preferably pdf.
2. Length of articles—maximum two pages for short stories, essays and articles (including illustrations, if any)
Poems- maximum one page
Font size- 11 and up
Page size: 8.5 times 11 with at least 1 inch margin on each side.
3. Artwork- Black and white versions only, scanned only
4. For young contributors, please mention age and/or grade and city
5. For adult contributors, please mention city. Only one contribution per author preferred.
6. TSDP 2016 reserves the copyright of the brochure.
7. Deadline- September 5th, 2016
Please submit contributions to tsdpbrochure@ baiweb.org
TSDP 2016 reserves the right to not include the contributions in the brochure that otherwise meet the above guidelines and requirements.
8. For those who have kindly sponsored, please also submit the sponsorship greeting in pdf format. You may include your family’s scanned black and white photo in the ad template if you wish and send it to us.
Sponsorship level - Platinum and Diamond : Full page: 8.5 by 11
Gold : Half page: 8.5 by 5.5
Silver : Quarter page: 4.25 by 5.5
9. We encourage you to register for the Durga Pujo as early as you can and make any address, phone no or email changes as they will be going in the directory section of the brochure.