Many thanks to all of you who attended Saraswati Pujo facilitated by the Bengali Association of Indiana on Saturday, February 3rd, 2018.
Some highlights of the day:
· Over 130 people attended the event.
· Attendees came from several cities in central Indiana: Carmel, Columbus, Fishers, Greenwood, Indianapolis, Southport & Fort Wayne. BAI is a regional organization, so the range of participation is significant.
· A big "Thank You" to our two priests – Dr. Subir Chakrabarti & Mr. Anirban Banerjee. Also to Mrs.Tuhina Chakrabarti and her team for Pujo preparations and prasad distribution.
· Another "Thank you" to Mrs. Sonali Majumdar & her decoration team for the most beautiful and unique decoration of the pujo area.
· Thanks to all the volunteers who helped in preparing lunch and dessert and helping with serving food
· The teenagers helped with set up, during the event at pujo and boshey aanko, and also with clean up. A big "Thank You" to all of them. All teenagers and children who have helped are requested to send their volunteering hours to within the next ten days to claim their hours.
· Many children from our community participated in the dance and cultural program. They were adorable- big thanks to them and their parents!
· Special thanks to our graduate students who enthralled the audience with their singing
· Several community members, stayed from start to finish, and assisted with setup the previous day and clean up after the event
·"Thank You" to all the participants of the 'Boshe Aanko' competition. We hope to continue this every year henceforth.
·The Executive Committee presented a financial summary to the community and also conducted a live survey of how we can improve our activities. Thank you all for your positive responses and feedback.
The survey showed an overwhelmingly high response in favor of an annual membership for BAI. In order to discuss the specifics, we will facilitate a special General Body Meeting (GBM) from Noon-2 PM on Saturday March 3, 2018 at a conference room in the IU North Hospital in Carmel. All community members are invited to attend. We will follow up with an Evite and additional details about the event.
As a community our goal is to have a great time celebrating our culture and traditions, to do our part to give back to our community, and to prepare our children along the way, such that they carry forward our traditions and values. Thank you once again for supporting BAI’s goals through your active participation and involvement.
We look forward to seeing you at the Baisakhi Event in April. We will send details soon.